Monday, January 21, 2013

Thai Dried Beef

I played with adapting a Thai dried beef recipe to use with my food dehydrator and I have to say I was pleased with the results.

Thai Dried Beef

1 sirloin steak
4 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp cumin
4 tbsp palm sugar
2 cloves garlic
4 tbsp Golden Mountain Sauce
1 dried cayenne pepper (optional)

Slice the steak into thin strips.  Combine the remaining ingredients with the steak strips and marinate overnight in the fridge.  Remove the steak from marinade you may wipe the excess marinade from the steak although I generally leave it as I enjoy the spice coating.  Run the dehydrator at its recommended setting for meat until the meat has dried.

Alternately you may dried the meat until it has assumed a leathery consistency and then deep-fry the strips and serve with a spicy chili sauce.  I dried mine until it was crispy and ate it like jerky.  If you start drying this in the morning and have any left by bedtime then you must be a vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment