Monday, April 22, 2013

Mac and Cheese Rarebit

With respect to lunch my kids love two things as far as I can tell.  Mac and cheese and hotdogs.  When it comes to mac and cheese they're a bit snobby, they only like the PC White cheddar mac and cheese.

I often make a rarebit and serve it over a pita loaded with sliced tomatoes, bacon and a poached egg.  The kids generally like this and my oldest would eat mustard with a spoon.  I decided to experiment a bit and came up with this simple addition to box of mac and cheese to make a rarebit mac and cheese.
Ingredients

1 box PC White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1/4-1/2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp of  Kühne Grainy Mustard
1/4 cup of Wilton Old Cheddar

Cook the mac and cheese dinner as per the box instructions.  When preparing the sauce add the cheese, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce.  Stir on low heat until the cheese has melted and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment