Monday, April 18, 2016

Smoked Egg Salad Sandwiches

I watched Steve Raichlen's Project Smoke and decided to make his smoked deviled eggs.  The deviled eggs turned out quite well and I decided to repeat the experience.  However when my wife and I peeled the eggs on the second attempt...they didn't peel well.  Rather than unsightly deviled eggs I decided to make egg salad with them instead, but I went ahead and smoked the eggs anyway...

12 boiled eggs peeled and chilled
1/3 to 2/3 cup Mayonaise
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
1/4tsp minced garlic
salt
pepper
multigrain sourdough bread
chipotle pepper and adobo sauce (optional)
smoked paprika (optional)


Set up an A-Maze N pellet smoker in your BBQ, I recommend oak pellets but mesquite or hickory will do if you want a stronger smokey flavour.  Once smoke is well established place the eggs in the BBQ and smoke over no heat for about an hour or until the eggs are well bronzed.  Dice the eggs, add the mayo, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper.  Add small amounts of chipotle pepper and adobo sauce or smoked paprika to taste.  Slather on sliced sourdough bread with a slice of ham and some lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment