Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Venison Loin Kebabs

My family enjoys game meat, my youngest daughter particularly likes rabbit. As time for hunting is at a premium for me I choose to hunt deer as the success rate in deer hunting locally is much higher than moose or elk.  Venison tends to continue cooking after you remove it from the BBQ so for this recipe I recommend that you start with the venison quite cold or even partially frozen.

Ingredients

2 venison loins
2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (Rooster brand by preference)
2 tsp cornstarch
3 tbsp demara sugar
fresh mint diced
4-6 bamboo skewers
canola oil spray

Soak the bamboo skewers.

Cut the venison loin into chunks about an inch long (I just use the width of my thumb which is close enough).  Salt the chunks an let sit for about an hour.

Mix the sriracha, cornstarch and sugar together and divide evely between two bowls.

Start the BBQ or grill of your choice.  I use a pellet grill at it's highest temperature setting.

Mix the meat and half the sriacha mix together and then assemble the kebabs.  Place the meat chunks on two skewers so that the meat won't rotate when you're flipping it on the BBQ.  Spray both sides of the kebabs with oil.

Place the kebabs on hottest spot on your grill.  Grill until well browned or slightly charred and then flip and brush with the reserved sriracha mixture.

Once the meat hits the desired and safe temperature remove and let rest for 5 minutes.  Garnish with diced mint and serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment