Monday, September 10, 2012

Cuisinox French Coffee Press - Product Review

I need to preface this blog post with the fact that I'm not a coffee drinker.  It's not a case of hating the taste or anything like that, coffee just gives me terrible heartburn so I tend towards drinking tea.  My chief complaint with teapots for loose leaf tea is that they don't work well and aren't really terribly easy to clean.

For a few years now Mrs. McBugbear and I have been using a french coffee press for brewing tea.  I have to say that the Cuisinox Stainlees Steel Coffee press is a great product.  My chief complaint with prior products has been longevity (glass breaks).  This is a terrifically durable product.  For loose leaf tea it work reasonably well it misses the odd leaf occasionally but that's acceptable.

My only real complaints are that the handle can heat up if the tea is allowed to brew for a long time and that it is not dishwasher safe.  Other than that its a great product although a bit pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment